Welcome to the Pleasant Valley School District. Pleasant Valley is a dynamic school district, dedicated to providing all children in our community with a quality education. As superintendent, I am fortunate to have a team of people who continuously reflect on our district’s mission and district goals, along with our district's policies, to guide our decision-making processes.
Mission: Excellence in Education – A Community Commitment
1.To improve student performance and achievement.
2.To provide a safe school environment for all students and staff.
3.To improve methods for effectively communicating with our school district residents.
4.To design and deliver a comprehensive staff development program for all classifications of personnel that ensures a cycle of continuous growth and improvement.
5.To conduct studies that focus on current and future facilities and staff needed by the school district to improve efficiency of operation.
I encourage you to visit our web site and evidence experiences where our students and staff continue to excel to very high levels of performance in the areas of academics and extra curricular activities. Our Facebook page also provides a plethora of information regarding all of our schools.
The value of a PVSD education goes beyond high academic performance. A PVSD education is about engaging the"whole" student – building relationships and enabling and encouraging our students to grow, explore, achieve and develop skills for life. This includes experiences within our vast array of curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular programs.
We are grateful for your support of our schools and for your continued investment in our most important resource – the young people of the West End.
Superintendent's Proposed Performance Standards
(1) Board Superintendent Relations/Organizational Leadership: Superintendent works collaboratively with the Board to develop a vision for the School District, works collaboratively with the School District administration to ensure best practices for instruction, supervision, curriculum development, and management are being utilized and works to influence the climate and culture of the School District.
(2) Communication and Community Relations: Superintendent communicates with and effectively engages the staff, the Board and members of the community, clearly articulating the School District's goals and priorities, addressing local and broader issues affecting the School District, and building support for School District initiatives, programs and short/long-range plans.
(3) Human Resources Management: Superintendent incorporates best practices for human resource management and oversight, coordinating staffing, recruitment, and other human resource functions.
(4) Student Growth and Achievement: Superintendent uses multiple data sources to assess student success and growth as appropriate, specific to the needs within the School District and as determined periodically in collaboration with the Board. Such sources may include Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA), Keystone Exams, Pennsylvania Value Added Assessment System and other assessment tools.
(5) District Operations and Financial Management: Superintendent manages effectively, ensuring completion of activities associated with the annual budget; overseeing distribution of resources in support of the School District priorities; and directing overall operational activities within the School District.